Today I decided to have a go at creating backgrounds using Distress Inks… Still a failure with this but will keep on trying. It could be me being too heavy handed or simply using wrong card ??
Anyway by pure fluke I made this Rainbow card. I say “card”, just that I have decided not to waste cards but to have a go at making bases for card so if i wish to give a card out all I have to do is pop it on.
Supplies :- Distress Inks : Fired Brick, Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed, Cracked Pistachio, Shaded Lilac & Wilted Violet.
Die & Stamps : Clearly Besotted April Showers
Well thought I would give my new stamps a go today and managed to create 3 cards. I know I still need tons of practice to get them 100% perfect but as they say ” practice makes perfect ” and I know I will get there eventually.
I find crafting / stamping a good way of relaxing for me.
Anyway here are some on my “samples” i did today. Only problem I have is that I wish I kept a note of what coloured inks I used. Oh well just means another weekend of playing around with them not that I mind.
The stamps are all from Clearly Besotted and I have not used all my new ones yet
So here is 1st one – Dashing Through The Snow ( yes I know I messed up with white reindeer in background . nose and belly not aligned but i added black outline afterwards and not lined up correctly )
2nd one – Precious Little One
3rd – Welcome New Baby ( need to change colours i think )
Before i begin please can i say that finish card is only a mock and quickly done ( also not stuck down ) as i do take my time when crafting but wanted to see if my theory would work …..